Still to deal with this issue...
Water is incredibly cheap here. Bills are in the region of €25-30 per quarter. When I say bills, I have yet to see one...they prefer the option of taking the money straight out of your bank account without ever seeing the actual bill.
Anyway, I have an issue with my bank (Cam) and so the account now lies empty, while I pay my horrendous mortgage in cash every month.
So it was no surprise really to get a phone call from the Town Hall (Ayuntamiento - not sure of the spelling) to say my last bill had been returned unpaid, and would I please set it up again so that they can collect. Told them this is not going to happen, but they now want me to open a new bank account so they can rob it for water. Not likely.
Anyway, this latest bill is apparently for €336 something. Eh???
How come? Told I must have a water leak, but still have to pay the bill. Well, if I've a leak I'm sure I'd have noticed. This amount of water would fill a swimming pool several times, and mine is empty and has been for long enough since the pump broke 4 years ago.
More likely someone has made a mistake while reading the meter. Have taken note of the current meter reading but of course have no bill to compare it to.
So when the fiestas are over I will need to visit the Town Hall and no doubt have more problems when suddenly the valencianos will forget how to speak castellano as they do on a regular basis when they don't like what you are saying or can't be bothered including you.
No comments:
Post a Comment