Heard some disturbing information today, and that is that EVERYONE who doesn't contribute to the Fiesta Fund gets a "punishment" of a huge water bill. Now if this is true it is frankly shocking and someone should be shot (where are all the cazadores when you need them!). This suggests a conspiracy because the water meter reader must somehow shift the water meter clock forward a few hundred points to give you no come back when that huge bill lands on your mat (or doesn't, as the case is - they don't believe in issuing bills like any normal company - you have to pay it through the bank, else physically go into the Town Hall to collect them, though they do strongly discourage this habit).
Well, guess what? I've just paid a normal bill of around €20. Guess the next one will be in the hundreds, seeing as I have not contributed to this coming fiesta? I mean, I would, if I was working or had an income - I'm not being miserable, but this writing for a living doesn't pay much!
Watch this space....
No comments:
Post a Comment