Sunday, September 4, 2011

Summer Thunderstorm in Relleu

We got the most amazing thunderstorm in Relleu yesterday! Firstly the sky got blacker and blacker as these enormous clouds rolled in and the thunder started to roll.

It was harder to see the lightening because it was daylight but for sure there was plenty of it! I love thunderstorms.

Then the rain started. Suddenly, it became the heaviest rain I have witnessed in my life. The racket was terrible. It took a few seconds to realise it was hailstones and not rain!

I got some photos to share.

The clouds rolled in

black clouds over Relleu

hailstones in the swimming pool

think more water bounced out of the pool then went in!

Hailstones on the ground

It got really dark during the storm
And this is a photo I took the day before - yes folks we've had two days of thunderstorms here in Relleu.
Lightening strike

No comments:

Post a Comment