I really want to write a hub about Relleu's history. I thought to myself, no bother, I'll take a trip into the museum and find out all I need to know.
Well, this is Relleu. The museum is shut for building works which could last for Goodness knows what time. The Town Hall has a few leaflets about Relleu, all written in either Spanish or Valenciano. Goodness, don't these guys print in any other language? How do they hope to attract tourists?
Anyway, I read them but much of the info I want to know is missing, so I asked in a local Spanish Bar how to find out the missing information.
Got given two names, two old guys in the village who have its history in their heads. Love it right away. It's sooooo OLD, isn't it? When local history was only known by a few old-timers?
That's my next project - to find out as full as possible a history and write it down, in English.
I want to know when the first house was built, when the castle was built, what wars they fought, what happened to the castle - let's face it, it cannot even be called a ruin, all that seems to be left is a couple of half-walls.
I'm fascinated by the wash-house. When did it stopped being used? I'm presuming its Victorian, but when was it built?
The church - how old is it?
Most of the townhouses...when were they built? I know someone said once that the downstairs was for the horses. The narrowness of the streets were maybe OK for horses in the old days. When did horses stop being used?
Loads of stuff, all interesting, and all deserve to be written and published online for the world to read.
No comments:
Post a Comment